WI8 Web Inspection System
The Hunkeler WI8 Web Inspection System is a high performance solution for production monitoring and quality control. The system can check the quality and content including colors, positions, contours, jet-outs, data validation, and more by scanning the entire width of the paper web with a CIS scan bar, acquiring high resolution images of each page at full speed, and comparing those pictures to the control sample.
- CIS sensor: Compact CIS sensors can be mounted easily in specified inkjet presses and Hunkeler devices, and the sensors require no adjustment or mechanical calibration
- Reduced downtime: The WI8 System can identify printing quality and content errors at an early stage to reduce downtime and wasted paper.
- Easy-to-use touchscreen: The system features a 21” LCD touchscreen with an intuitive interface for a straightforward display of scanned images and detected errors.
- Integration options: The WI8 System can be easily integrated with Hunkeler’s CS8 Cutter, DP8 Dynamic Perforator, and WM8 Web Merger.
- Software packages: The system is scalable for the addition of a variety of optional software packages: