May 28, 2020
The Printing Company Will Offer More Bookbinding Options and Improve Efficiency with the Horizon BQ-470PUR Perfect Binder.
ORLANDO, FL, 5/26/20 – SunDance, a multi-channel print and marketing company, is increasing its bookbinding capabilities and production with the recent purchase of a Standard Horizon BQ-470PUR Perfect Binder, from local Standard dealer Graphics IV Printing Equipment & Supply. With the BQ-470PUR, SunDance will be able to improve efficiency and produce a wider range of high-quality perfect bound books to meet varying customer requirements.
The BQ-470 is a fully automated 4-clamp binder that features an interchangeable glue tank for both PUR and EVA adhesives. Polyurethane reactive (PUR) hot melt adhesive is known for its binding strength and eco-friendliness whereas ethylene-vinyl adhesives (EVA) are a popular and more affordable hot melt adhesive with more limited capabilities. EVA has difficulty binding coated stock firmly and generally has poor lay-flat qualities. PUR, on the other hand, provides stronger binding strength, and lay-flat qualities for a wide range of coated stocks.
Key features of the Horizon BQ-470 Perfect Binder:
● Fully automated setup for efficient operation
● Replaceable glue tank unit for both EVA and PUR adhesive options
● A simplified and accurate changeover to produce professionally finished books
● Equipped with two large application rollers for strong, high-quality binds and a separate side glue tank for added flexibility
● Space-saving design with front operation and front maintenance
● Book-binding up to 65 mm / 2.55” thickness
● Maximum cycle speed is 1,350 books per hour (EVA) or 1,000 books per hour (PUR)
● Ergonomic sliding windows provide easy, safe access and a clear view of operations
“The Perfect Binder’s versatility and precision is a great addition to SunDance’s bookbinding services,” said JohnHenry Ruggieri, the president of SunDance. “With the new equipment, customers will be able to get the exact bookbinding they need to ensure their book opens and closes with ease.”
SunDance also owns other Standard Horizon finishing equipment, including a StitchLiner 5500 Saddlestitcher, AFC-544AKT Folder, and BQ-460 Perfect Binder.
Founded in 2007, SunDance is a multi-channel print and marketing company that offers creative design, branding, printing, mailing, digital marketing, web design and more. Our clients include leading companies in the healthcare, financial services, entertainment and hospitality industries. SunDance is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise and the first certified offset Sustainable Green Printer in the state of Florida. Please visit sundanceusa.com for more information.