Book Block-to-Perfect Bind
Hunkeler POPP7 book block production modules and Horizon perfect binding technology are united in one complete production system.
- Efficient folding: The Hunkeler UW7 unwind module feeds a web up to 30 inches wide into the PF7 plow folder, where two longitudinal folding stations create either 4-, 6- or 8-page signatures.
- Precision cutting: The web is then cross-cut in the high performance CS6-HS cutting module. Dynacut capability allows production of variable spine-length book blocks.
- Variable book blocks: The signatures are gathered and glued into variable sheet-count book blocks, then exit via the SD7-I star wheel delivery system.
- Intelligent destacking: The book block stacks are then transported to the newly-developed BD7 book destacker which intelligently separates variable-format and variable thickness book blocks from the stack.
- Perfect binding and trimming: The book blocks are transferred to the Horizon BQ-480 Perfect Binder for spine preparation, gluing, and cover application before being three-knife trimmed in the zero-makeready, fully-variable Horizon HT-1000V.