The Generation 8 Roll-to-Fold solution from Hunkeler integrates the Standard Horizon AF-566FG Digital signature folder in-line with the Hunkeler UW8 unwinder, WM8 merger, and CS8 rotary cutter for operation at speeds up to 590 feet per minute.
- Automated setup: The advanced folder automation and touchscreen control brings ultra-quick set-up to high-speed continuous-feed print platforms, allowing complex, variable-data direct mail pieces to be produced in one pass.
- Quick roll changes: The UW8 core-driven unwind module can handle web widths of up to 22.5” and has been streamlined to reduce the time it takes to change rolls by up to 30%
- Agile web merging: The WM8 web merger slits the web in half and merges left under right or right under left to enable east-west printing of 2-up forms delivered as a single stack. Optional edge trimmer or gutter cut can remove marks in the WM8, or marks can be removed later in the CS8.
- Precision cutting: The CS8 rotary cross cutting module consistently produces clean and accurate cuts based on a top of form register mark on either side of the web, ensuring the highest levels of productivity and output quality. The individually driven slitters allow the processing of multiple up forms, and edge trimmers and gutter cuts are available to remove marks or white areas.
- Perforating and punching: The system can also be configured with the DP8 Dynamic Perforator to allow lateral and longitudinal perforation as well as punching.
- Quality assurance: The compact new WI8 web inspection system employs state-of-the-art compact image sensor (CIS) technology for quality monitoring (color, register, codings, variable data, etc.) while production is in progress.
- Automated workflow: The new Hunkeler Workflow Manager makes job setup, operation and monitoring of the production line centralized and convenient.